Monday, September 24, 2007

The Labor Day Issue

Happy belated first day of fall. Ladies, now you can finally start wearing your Ugg boots with your jean miniskirts, anytime before fall just looks silly. The biggest issue in the fashion industry for the past three years is the "no white after labor day". Many people continue on following this rule, but not everyone. I am sure you have noticed as well as I how much white people are still wearing. The explanation: White after labor day for the fall is not really acceptable yet, for winter it now is. The reason: The fashion industry has created something called "snow white". Obviously, there is no difference between the white we all own and this "snow white". So, to answer the question: white is now an acceptable color after labor.

Suggestion of the week: Use a deep rich purple as your accent color. Red, is overdone and overused. Purple with your slowly fading tan will look gorgeous.

7 comments:

Max said...

no offense the Ugg boots look kinda silly I think. But really fashion has never made much sense to me

daverain said...

is orange and black after halloween ok?

Cali-Veda said...

Purple and fall... I like it. My friend is getting married next October and her wedding colors are a dark purplish-magenta... I thought it was appropirate.

Anonymous said...

In response, that's actually why I'm going to Berklee in performance and songwriting, rather than using English.

Michelle said...

I like ugg boots, just because they are really comfortable and go with almost anything.

Joe W said...

I'm so glad I was not born a woman. I'd never be able to keep up with what's in and what's out. My girlfriend tries to tell me sometimes, but it never sticks. Plus, in this case, I just enjoy wearing my plain white t-shirts outside sometimes!

Swifftopher said...

Thank you for your comments on my page. I am at a computer wearing dark blue jeans, and a white t shirt, logo on my left shoulder. Where I am, could go deeper. Keep dancing, and dance like no ones looking. (That last parts wicked clice' but it's all I got)